Magis products were protagonists of the First Beijing International Design Triennal, which took place at the National Museum of China in Beijing from September, 28th to October, 17th 2011. The following products were selected for two of the five international exhibitions organised in the museum:
– Spun (design Thomas Heatherwick), Sparkling (design Marcel Wanders), 360° Stool, Table and Container (design Konstantin Grcic), Birds on a Wire (design Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby) for the exhibition “”Reason Design Emotion”” curated by Benjamin Loyauté;
– Chair_One (design Konstantin Grcic), Magis Proust (design Alessandro Mendini), Spun (design Thomas Heatherwick), 360° Container (design Konstantin Grcic), Villa Julia (design Javier Mariscal) and the special installation Jungle_One (design Konstantin Grcic) for the exhibition “”Creative Junctions”” curated by Gilda Bojardi.
Moreover, Magis was protagonist of various events during the Beijing Design Week, that is:
– the event “”Stefano Giovannoni and his creatures”” with the products designed by Stefano Giovannoni for Magis (Bombo Stool and Bombo Chair, Chair and Table First, Vanity Chair, Paso Doble Chair, Boogie Woogie, Magò);
– at the British Design Council with the rotating low chair Spun;
– of an event in the showroom of our customer Vita Cofco Plaza Store.